Thursday, August 8, 2013

Little Man

Dear Jake -
Tonight after dinner you pushed open the door to the guest room, the one with all the cords that you love.  I followed you in and told you couldn't play under the desk, but that you could play on the bed.  This is where I change your diaper and you always like to run away and explore.  You crawled around for a minute or two on the bed and checked out everything.  I laid down on the only open side to keep you safe.  As soon as I laid down you came over to snuggle with me.

The next 10 minutes or so were some of my favorite I have ever had with you.  You gave me lots of kisses, I could smell your sweet hummus breath and I have teeth marks on my arm from your little mouth.  The feeling of your chubby hands hugging me and your slobbery face, mouth wide open, coming straight at my face has to be one of the best things in the world.  You climbed all over me, sticking your fingers in my mouth so I could "bite" them and make you laugh, blowing raspberries in each other's faces and of course watching "the little man" (my index and middle fingers) walk around the bed before he finally found you and tickled you so you would fill the room with belly laughs that I hope you never lose.

Don't get big Jake.  Don't stop crawling to your Mama for snuggles and kisses when you see she is nearby.  Don't stop smiling at everything and laughing at the jokes only you hear.  Don't stop exploring and being curious.  Don't stop being Mama's little baby and the sweetest little boy I ever knew.

Love,
Mama







1 comment: