We didn't have dessert in the house for about 24 hours. That was about 24 hours too many. So while I should have been folding laundry or cleaning something I decided to make a little batch of deliciousness. I've made a bunch of brownie recipes in the past, there are links to about 6 million on Pinterest, but this old recipe from a family friend doesn't disappoint. One glance at the recipe list can give you a clue why (ahem, butter, ahem)…yum.
1 one-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
(the whole package of the kind below)
1 cup of butter (butter only)
2 cups sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup walnut pieces (I am a nutless brownie kind of girl myself)
Get crazy with a sprinkle of Reeses mini pb cups or chocolate chips on top. Or both.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350
2. Melt the chocolate and butter over low heat in a heavy pan.
3. Remove from heat and add sugar, egg, vanilla
4. Mix well
5. Add flour, salt…and if you must, nuts
6. Poor into 9x9 inch pan lined with parchment paper
7. Sprinkle with chocolate chips/PB cup pieces if desired
8. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes
Don't worry, I won't be starting a food photography blog anytime soon.