Thursday, May 16, 2013

Six Months Old


Happy 6 Months to sweet Jake!
At 6 months old Jake was:
18 lbs 10 oz
28 3/8 inches


That little Jake, he is really becoming a big boy.  It is such a joy to watch a little person discover the world.  I don't know if I just didn't think about that much, or if it is you can't even imagine, but having a baby is the most wonderful thing ever.  I know I lucked out with this guy, he continues to be the sweetest, funniest little friend I know.  I asked Brian the other night what was his favorite thing about Jake, we both agreed that getting him out of his crib in the morning is one of the best.  Most mornings Jake wakes up and entertains himself in his crib for quite a long time.  Sometimes he is so entertained in there we actually startle him when we go to get him up.  The minute he sees Mama or Papa we get an ear to ear grin and his arms and legs start flying.  He is excited.  He is sitting up very well assisted and rolling both ways now.  He is all over his crib when he sleeps, I never know how I might find him.  Naps are still a little rough, but I am trying not to be so hard on myself.  He needs three 30 minute naps a day so we find a way to get them in his crib or either on a walk or in the car.  He almost always has his morning nap at home.  Nights are still great, except for the occasional growth spurt I am usually only up once with Jake in the early mornings.  He goes to bed between 6 and 7 and is up between 6 and 7 for the day.  It is hard for Brian to see him, but we have nice evenings together which I appreciate too.  Jake puts everything in his mouth.  He loves the fishy book that makes the crunching noise.  He still loves his lovies.  He has a new appreciation for Sophie the giraffe and enjoys the frozen teething rings.  Jake started eating real food this month.  He has eaten Peach, Pear, Mango, Green beans, Carrots, Squash, Sweet Potato, and Prunes.  He likes EVERYTHING!  Aside from the occasional constipation he caught on right away.  Jake giggles when he is tickled and he also likes to be startled, he thinks that is really funny.  He is scared of the vacuum and watches me like a hawk when I am blow-drying my hair.  He had his first playdate this month (he has had many walks with new friends) with two girls from Mom's group.  It went well, he is a ladie's man.  Jake found his legs, then his feet, and finally his toes and he loves to suck on them.  He eats books and knows how to "Pat the Bunny", well then he thought he needed to pat every book, but we'll get it. He sticks his tongue out a lot and will blow raspberries all day some days.  Our days are still full of laughs and adventures.  Jake doesn't fuss unless he is hungry or tired and continues to be patient with his learning parents.  

Jake still nurses about 6 or 7 times a day.  I can't believe I am over half-way through a year of breastfeeding.  It makes me sad.  Once we got the hang of it we have made a great team and it is an excuse 7 times a day to sit-down, put my feet up and snuggle this little baby that won't be a baby all too soon.  I wouldn't trade these times for anything.  I can't imagine a life where I wear a real bra (not like I'll need to when he is done) and don't lift my shirt every 3 or so hours.  A life where my boobs don't get so big overnight I wonder what surgeon snuck in, a life where something my body makes isn't  building his all the time.  Shoot - I'll just miss the fact that I can eat a bacon cheeseburger everyday and probably still lose weight!  I'm so glad we have been able to do this together and I'll savor all our time over the next few months.
This little guy is growing up, I'm just not sure I am ready to move as fast as he is.  





No comments:

Post a Comment