Sunday, June 16, 2013

Grampy- Happy Father's Day to MY Dad!

It's hard to know where to start on why my Dad is so special.  He has spent much of his adult life surrounded by women.  First they were little girls that wanted to play beauty parlor, then they were high schoolers with PMS, bad driving records (me), and a few too many tequilas before a school dance (not me.) Then they were college students, expensive college students who went out of state and abroad.  Then they were young adults who moved to new cities and started their careers.  Through all of these stages my Dad has had a smile and chuckle at his two daughters (and their crazy Mom) and all the girl drama that goes with it.  Finally 3 years ago he got a boy!  A full grown man actually who also loved the snow and the mountain and being out on the golf course.  He struck gold.  To him though, it was just a bonus.  He showed everyday (he SHOWS us everyday) that his girls were all he ever needed. 

Then in October he struck gold again.  When little Jake arrived I don't think he even knew how smitten he would become.  It is one of the best experiences I have ever had to see my Dad with the little boy he didn't get to raise, to see him do "boy" things and love that little guy so much already.  We have so much to look forward to and I am thankful everyday that this guy is my Dad, that I got to be his daughter and I'll keep working forever to make him proud.  I love you Dad, you are (besides my husband of course) the finest man I have ever known.  Thank you for all you have done and all that you continue to do to keep your girls safe and happy. I love you!



















No comments:

Post a Comment