Friday, June 14, 2013

The Bus Stop

I am sensing that the bus stop is where a lot of stuff goes down.  Our morning walk is usually right around the time that the bus comes to pick up the kids for school.  Today was the last day of school.  You could actually feel it in the air, the kids literally looked like they might explode.  

A few things I have observed about the bus stop - 
- It is basically all Moms that take their kids, usually one token Dad. 

- If the younger siblings that come along are boys they are running around in someone's front yard, jumping off their rock wall, digging in their dirt, if they are girls they are patiently standing next to their Mom (many times holding hands) until it is time to go

- Everyone waves to the bus when it leaves the stop.

- The bus stop is like a single's mixer in September, but more like a family reunion by June. 

- Mom's (even the sweet ones) are all judging each other, you can just tell. 

- There is an unspoken bus stop etiquette with the kids, they line up as they arrive and they board in that exact order. 

Today's conversation was pretty funny as we passed by.  
One of the Mom's said "Well, the last day! I mean we are all ready for a break, but 13 weeks, I am not sure I am ready for that!"
Another Mom said, "It is actually only 11."
(That's two Moms that actually sat by the calendar and counted the weeks)
Walking away from each other the second lady said, "I just worry about how to handle it, how do I work when my kids are home all day?"
That would be tough.  One parent who works is worried, one parent that stays home is worried.  Everybody has a tough job, raisin' kids ain't easy. 

Which brings me to second rambling of the day... last week on Thursday I was an idiot and published to the world wide web that I had a A+ kind of day on the sleep front with Jake. You just should never write or say that stuff out loud, ever.  Yesterday was basically the total opposite of last week.  I should say that even on these tough days, I still feel like I have the best job in the world to be home with Jake. 
I won't go into all the details but basically I had a overly tired baby that wouldn't sleep, it rained most of the day, our power went out, I got peed on (a lot), and I made pancakes for dinner, screwed them up and had to make the batter again. Yes, I screwed up pancakes. 
My only saving grace yesterday was that Grammy came over to teach me to bake a pie and got a few smiles out of grumpy-pants.  By the end of the day everyone was exhausted, but there were still lots of smiles and giggles to go around! We all survived and now it is Friday and a fresh start!  We are rested and ready to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment